We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Below are the top 20 best tips I have for Meal Planning and Meal Prep . It’s hard to get started but these tips will help you get going and over the meal planning hurdle.
- Shop your pantry and freezer FIRST
- Keep an Inventory sheet for what’s in your Pantry and Freezer if possible
- Shop the grocery sale flyers and coupons before making your menu plan
- Use a weekly meal planning template if you need help getting over the what to cook hump (ex, Meatless Monday, Taco Tuesday, Crockpot Wednesday, Thursday Salad, Friday Takeout Fakeout(Homemade Pizza or other restaurant favorite you recreate)
- Meal Plan on the same day each week
- Plan to make double on a meal that freezes well. That way no cooking except thawing once the next week or whenever you need it.
- Make a grocery list and stick to it.
- Grocery Shop on the same day each week
- Don’t be afraid to use a grocery delivery service like Insta-Cart, Shipit, Prime Grocery or Wal-Mart to save time
- Chop vegetables, marinate meats, cook meats, make spice mixes or whatever else you’ll need for the week on Sunday night.
- Set a reminder on your phone for the days you need to thaw meat or prep things the day of. Do those items in the morning after the kids have gone to school
- Stop the Panic dance you do not have to be perfect. They aren’t eating takeout that’s already a win.
- Have the kids or Hubby help with dinner time prep whenever possible. Making everyone involved and responsible for the meal cuts down on the dinner drama.
- Buy containers that you can store the prepped ingredients in or reheat the cooked meal preps in during the week.
- Set an Alarm on your phone to remind you to start cooking dinner each night or reheating the prepped meals
- Remember leftovers can be eating for Breakfast or Lunch the next day. Waste not Want not.
- Make Copies of the Recipes your using. This way no mess on the cookbooks
- If the week does not go as planned remember it’s okay.
- Do one thing at a time when Meal Prepping and cooking.
- Take a deep breath and congratulate yourself on doing the hard work to take care of yourself and your family.
What are your Best Meal Planning Tips and Tricks? Need a handy reminder download my free infographic with with top 4 tips !